Orthopaedic surgical glove
Biogel PI OrthoPro
Extra-thick and durable synthetic (non-latex) glove for orthopaedic surgery
Biogel® PI OrthoPro is our thickest synthetic (non-latex) surgical glove. It's brown in colour to potentially reduce glare and made extra-durable so it can handle the rigours of orthopaedic procedures. The design suits wider hands. We use a biomechanically optimised former with special thumb placement – less strain for you – to ease hand and thumb fatigue.
You can wear Biogel PI OrthoPro as a single glove or as an underglove in combination with Biogel PI Pro-Fit to create a double gloving system – for improved protection of both you and your patients.
The synthetic (non-latex) powder-free design avoids the risks of glove-related latex-sensitivities in staff and patients.
- Polyisoprene (non-latex) to avoid latex sensitivities.
- The fit, feel and comfort offers improved tactile sensitivity and less hand fatigue
- Industry-leading AQL result of 0.65 – reduced chance of a hole
- A clinical study shows non-Biogel gloves are 3.5 times more likely to fail than Biogel gloves
- Every glove (100%) is air-inflation tested for holes and visually inspected for quality before dispatch
Further product information
How to use Biogel PI OrthoPro
Watch these helpful videos on the correct techniques for donning double-gloves. You can see the different donning methods for using open donning, or closed donning – either with cuffs extended over hands, or cuffs in the hands. You can also learn how to change a contaminated glove while scrubbed.
Assisted technique and how to change a contaminated glove
See detailed instructions for how to perform assisted donning with double-gloves, using the simple plunge method. This video also shows how to change a contaminated glove while you’re still scrubbed.
- glove-donning-guide-cuff-in-hand-a3.pdf (515 kB)
- glove-donning-guide-cuff-in-hand-a4.pdf (359 kB)
- glove-donning-guide-cuff-over-hand-a3.pdf (512 kB)
- glove-donning-guide-cuff-over-hand-a4.pdf (442 kB)
- glove-donning-guide-open-technique-a3.pdf (411 kB)
- glove-donning-guide-open-technique-a4.pdf (380 kB)
Biogel PI Pro-Fit
Durable polyisoprene surgical glove with wide fit and specialised thumb position
Biogel PI UltraTouch G
Added grip in a synthetic (non-latex) surgical glove for enhanced control
Biogel PI Indicator Underglove
Synthetic (non-latex) surgical underglove for our Puncture Indication System
Synthetic (non-latex) polyisoprene surgical glove for demanding surgeries