Alginate dressing for moderately to heavily exuding wounds
Melgisorb Plus absorbs large amounts of wound exudate. When absorbing, the alginate fibres form a soft moist gel, giving a moist environment conducive to wound healing. The gel can easily be removed by irrigating with 0.9% saline.
Melgisob Plus is soft and pliable and conformable and can be cut to shape. Melgisorb Plus is non-sensitising and is intended for a wide range of wounds, both infected and noninfected.
Choose from configurations for flat wounds or cavity wounds.
- Excellent absorption to manage high levels of exudate
- Retains fluids to limit maceration of the wound
- Non-adherent to the wound site or surrounding skin
- Soft, comfortable and conformable to the body
- High wet strength to allow removal in one piece
Further product information
When to use Melgisorb Plus
Melgisorb® Plus is intended for a wide range of moderately to heavily exuding wounds, both infected and non-infected wounds. These may include pressure sores, venous and arterial ulcers, diabetic ulcers, donor sites, post-operative wounds and dermal lesions and other external wounds inflicted by trauma.
How to use Melgisorb Plus
Dressing change and removal
1. Change Melgisorb Plus dressing when saturation is reached. Melgisorb Plus can be left in place for several days depending on wound condition or as indicated by clinical practice.
2. Remove the secondary dressing and discard in appropriate way.
3. Remove Melgisorb Plus by gently cleansing/flushing with 0.9% saline or appropriate solution. Any non-gelled Melgisorb Plus will moisten in contact with the saline. Dispose of soiled dressing per institution policy. Melgisorb Plus is sterile. Do not use if inner package is damaged or opened prior to use. Do not re-sterilise.
|252000||Melgisorb Plus, 5x5cm||10||100|
|252200||Melgisorb Plus, 10x10cm||10||100|
|252500||Melgisorb Plus, 10x20cm||10||100|
|253500||Melgisorb Plus, Cavity||5||50|
Five-layer self-adherent dressing for chronic and acute wounds Order Mölnlycke products
Mepilex Border Lite
Thin all-in-one foam dressing Order Mölnlycke products
Conformable foam dressing for a wide range of acute and chronic wounds Order Mölnlycke products
Emollient and skin cleanser with clinically proven ingredients for dry skin conditions
Emollient and cleanser with clinically proven ingredients for dry skin conditions