Wound irrigation solution
Irrigation solution and gel for cleaning, moistening, and rinsing.
Granudacyn® is an irrigation solution for cleansing and moisturising acute, chronic and contaminated wounds, as well as for first and second degree burns. Hypochlorous acid (HOCl) ensures safe preservation and makes Granudacyn a reliable wound irrigation solution.
Granudacyn can be used for the cleaning, moistening and rinsing of the following wound types:
- All chronic wounds of any depth, such as diabetic foot ulcer, pressure ulcer, venous leg ulcer, etc.
- All acute wounds, cuts, bite wounds, lacerations, abrasions
- Surgery wounds (intraoperative and postoperative)
- Wounds on cartilage, tendons, ligaments and/or bones
- Burns up to degree two
- Radiation ulcer
- Fistulas and abscesses
- Cavities such as ear, nose, throat
- Critically colonised wounds
- Soft tissue injuries
Granudacyn can also be used for moistening the wound dressing and for loosening encrusted wound dressings.
Granudacyn is suitable for multi-patient use of up to 90 days (gel) and 60 days (solution) after opening. To ensure safe use after opening, Granudacyn contains a preservative that naturally occurs in the body: hypochlorous acid
- Cleans the wound mechanically
- Free of germs and pH neutral
- Not cytotoxic or an irritant; free from heavy metals
- Hypotonic to promote osmolysis and cell rupture
- Reduces wound malodour
Further product information
How it works
Granudacyn® is preserved to allow for a multi-patient use over up to 90 days (gels) and 60 days (solution) after opening. To ensure the safe use after opening the products are preserved with a substance naturally in our body: hypchlorous acid
1. Disrupts the cell wall structures.
The hypochlorus acid in Granudacyn attacks the cell wall of the microorganism and increases its permeability
2. Osmolysis leads to cell rupture.
A hypotonic solution causes water to flow into the cells to equalise the osmotic gradient. The result is osmolysis.
The increasing internal pressure cause the cells to burst.
Granudacyn facilitates the mechanical removal of microorganisms and cell debris. This fast contributes to the quick elimination of often unpleasant odor and eases wound debridement. Granudacyn can also be left in the wound to soak the wound tissue.
Irrigation solution and spray: for cleaning and for precise application and dosing
Granudacyn can be used for instillation with NPWT (negative pressure wound therapy).
|360100||250 ml Spray|
|360104||1000 ml NPWT|
Granudacyn® wound gel
|360108||100 g Spray|
|360106||250 g Spray|