Stop Pressure Ulcer Day 2022
Watch the webinar on-demand with Dot Weir and Dr. Lee Ruotsi: 'Pressure injuries – still a global crisis!'
The prevention and treatment of pressure ulcers (PU)/ pressure injuries (PI) can be a challenge to clinicians in all health care settings.
PU/I are a significant health issue and one of the biggest challenges organisations face on a day-to-day basis. Hospital-acquired pressure ulcers and injuries (HAPU/I) can result in patient harm, including pain and premature mortality. Treatment can also be expensive for hospitals and the overall healthcare system.
Internationally, PU/Is are a major health care adverse event. The prevalence of PU/Is in health care settings has been reported to range from 0% to 75% with large variations between countries and clinical settings. Average prevalence rates are reported to approach 10% overall.
We know that many PU/Is are preventable, so when they do occur they can have a profound impact on the overall wellbeing of patients and can be both painful and debilitating. Stop Pressure Ulcer Day has grown into an international movement dedicated to improving quality of life for patients at risk around the world.
The Mönlycke Advantage Programme aims to give insights and training that may be needed to drive change and advance patient outcomes within your healthcare organisation. Check out the PU related Professional Education materials below.
PI prevention in prone positioned patients: driving and implementing system-wide changes to improve outcomes
Public health emergencies, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, create the need for urgent evidence-based interventions to prevent negative patient outcomes such as pressure ulcers.
Pressure ulcer prevention strategies
- Need for a prevention solution
- Specific prevention strategies that could be included in a solution
Prophylactic use of dressings
- Clinical consensus on using dressings for pressure ulcer prevention
- What the ideal prevention dressing should look like
- Clinical and health-economic evidence proving the efficacy of dressings for pressure ulcer prevention
Pressure ulcers: how big is the problem?
- Global burden of pressure ulcers, and factors that drive their development
- Prevalence rates in different healthcare settings
- Common locations on the body for pressure ulcers
Find out more about Mölnlycke solutions for preventing and managing pressure injuries.