EB and Biofilm: is there a connection?
Epidermolysis bullosa, or EB, is the name of a group of rare, inherited skin conditions that result in easy blistering of the skin and mucous membranes. A recent study conducted by webinar hosts Sharon Cassidy and Matthew Malone has explored the possible connections between EB and biofilms, explaining what this study showed and how biofilms seem to affect EB wound treatment.
During this webinar they will discuss:
· An overview of EB and associated wounds
· An overview of biofilm and the impact on human health
· Why are biofilms so tolerant?
· EB wound treatment options
· The aim and results of the study